Nuclear Dynamics Group
Convenor: Katja Graumann (Oxford Brookes University)
The Nuclear Dynamics interest group aims to be a broad platform for researchers interested in nuclear biology across eukaryotic kingdoms. Core research themes include:
• molecular trafficking into and out of the nucleus
• composition and function of the nuclear envelope
• linkages between cytoskeleton and nucleoskeleton
• organisation of chromatin
• the composition and function of nuclear structures such as Cajal bodies as well as nuclear movement
• positioning and the relationships between the nucleus and other cell components.
Instead of looking at nucleic acid metabolism (transcription, translation, DNA repair etc.), the Nuclear Dynamics Group promotes research into structural nuclear components and their impact on cellular pathways, growth and development in various eukaryotic systems.