Annual Meeting Travel Grant
The SEB Annual Meeting is our flagship scientific conference and brings together up to 900 biologists from around the world. The conference takes place in the summer during the first week of July and is held in the UK or Europe.
In 2016, the Annual Meeting in is Brighton and the 2017 conference will be in Gothenburg.
SEB Annual Meeting travel grants are available to support student and early career scientist members to attend the meeting and a total of £12,000 is awarded each year.
To be eligible for a travel grant you must:
- be a student or early career scientist member of the SEB
- be a first author presenting a poster or a talk at the meeting, and
- have registered and paid to attend the meeting.
How to Apply
To apply for an SEB travel grant, fill in an SEB travel grant application form and submit it to us with the required documents below.
Application for our next Annual Conference (SEB Gothenburg 2017) will open in December 2016. The application form will be published here at that time.
Documents we require from you
- a copy of the confirmation email that we sent you when you submitted your abstract for the meeting
- a copy of the confirmation email that we sent you when you registered for the meeting.
We try to help as many students as possible, however, we encourage you to look for other sources of funding as SEB may not award the full amount that you apply for.
Terms and conditions
- Awards must be claimed within one month after the meeting
- Grant recipients who claimed their award but did not attend the event will be required to repay the grant in full.