Apply to join the SEB
Read below to ensure you apply for the right membership:
Travel grant applicants:
- Students or early career scientists who intend to apply for a travel grant must apply for a multi-year membership (only if eligible for a multi-year membership). You must still be eligible for your membership category beyond your renewal date to qualify for a multi-year membership.
Applicants from Eastern Europe and Africa
- If you apply for full membership from Eastern Europe or Africa using the discounted fee, you are not eligible for student and early career scientist benefits, such as access to travel grants.
- You’ll be charged administration charges if you change an Eastern European or African full membership to a student or early career scientist membership before your renewal is due.
APPLICATION FORM AND PAYMENT
Your membership fees can be paid either by card (online or over the phone), cheque or bank transfer.
To make a payment by card, complete an online application form. We want to give you access to the SEB network as quickly as possible, so help us avoid any delays in processing your application by including all the right supporting documents (see below).
Payments by Cheque or Bank transfer
If you want to pay by cheque or bank transfer, download and complete a Paper Membership Application Form and return it to us by: fax +44 (0)20 7685 2601, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or post ( SEB Membership, Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, London WC1N 2JU, UK).
PAPER APPLICATION FORM
We will need you to submit scans of the following documents (in PDF format) with your application, to verify that you are applying for an appropriate membership:
- Student Member applicants: we need a stamped and signed letter from your university administration department showing: your programme of study and expected end date; as well as a scan of your student ID card
- Early Career Scientist applicants must send a scan of their PhD certificate
- Full Member applicants must send a current CV or link to an academic profile from your institute or college website – you can add your link in a separate Word document and attach it with your application.