MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES & FEES
We have three categories of membership:
- Student Membership: open to undergraduate or postgraduate students
- Early Career Scientist Membership eligible if you have graduated with a PhD, and if no more than 5 years have passed since you graduated with a PhD
- Full Membership eligible if you are a practising biologist, an academic or a researcher.
Students and early career scientists who want to join the SEB in order to apply for the CoB travel grant must:
- apply for a multi-year membership only if you can show that you are eligible for this membership (i.e. your student/early career scientist status will not change before your membership expiry date).
- If your status expires before the end of your multi-year membership (i.e. you graduate from your studies/ more than 5 years would have passed since you graduated from your PhD) you would not be eligible to apply for a multi-year membership and hence you would not be eligible to apply for the CoB grant.
| Early career scientist
*Eastern Europe and Africa Applicants
Applicants for full membership from Eastern Europe and Africa applicants receive a discounted member fee. However, you won’t be eligible for student or early career scientist benefits, for example, access to grants. The fees are:
- one year: £10
- five years: £50.
We only consider the following countries in Eastern Europe: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.