your global SEB Community
With over 2,500 members spread across 74 countries, the SEB connects you to a worldwide scientific community of experimental biologists. We are passionate about all aspects of biology and we play an active role in bringing biologists together.
The SEB covers Animal, Cell and Plant biology as well as SEB+. We have 23 scientific interest groups that meet regularly to share knowledge and spread their research.
Choose your channels: Through scientific interest groups, our meetings, the website, regular news bulletins, journals, monthly e-mail newsletters and social media, the SEB keeps you informed and connected to the biological community.
Meet your fellow biologists
Share your ideas, test your thinking and be inspired by others at our meetings and events.
The SEB organises a series of meetings each year that cover the full range of the Society’s research interests:
- The SEB Annual Meeting brings together over 800 scientists from around the world who cover the breadth of biological exploration.
- Our Sections organise symposia on topics in their fields that present the latest ideas and research from experts and researchers.
- We also run collaborative joint meetings with other Societies.
There are many opportunities to raise your profile with your peers.
- Make the headlines. The press often attend our events and are on the look-out for stories they can publish.
- We can also increase the impact of your work by helping promote your research to the international media. To find out more, contact Sarah Blackford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Or why not take centre stage and organise a meeting or a session at our conference.
Speaking up for science
We respond to policy consultations on experimental biology and education either directly or with other organisations such as the Royal Society of Biology or the European Plant Science Organisation.