Plant Biotechnology Journal
Editor-in-Chief: Johnathan Napier, Rothamsted Research, UK
Scope: Plant Biotechnology Journal publishes important and high-impact original research and incisive reviews by leading researchers in applied plant science, with an emphasis on modern molecular biology and its application in plant biotechnology. We provide a forum for the most significant advances in this field, with a strong emphasis on strategic research in plant biotechnology, but also including curiosity-driven studies with the potential for application, and scientific analysis of the performance of the products of plant biotechnology in practice.
Owners: SEB, Association of Applied Biologists (AAB), Wiley
Benefits of publishing:
- Dedicated reviewers and editors to ensure a high standard, rigorous peer review for your article.
- High impact factor and currently ranks #3 among plant science journals publishing original research. Plant Biotechnology Journal ranks first amongst open access plant science journals.
- Broad dissemination with articles attracting high Altmetric scores.
- Open access: fully compliant with open access mandates, articles are published under Creative Commons license and authors are the copyright holder.
- As an open access journal your research will be accessible globally without restriction.
- Our author centre provides promotional tools to help you maximise the impact of your article.
- Active on WeChat in China.
Publishing model: Online-only, open access
Peer-review model: Single-anonymous
- Journal Impact factor: 13.8 (rank 5/238 in ‘Plant Sciences’ category)
- Journal Citation Indicator: 2.46 (rank 4/262 in ‘Plant Sciences’ category)
- CiteScore: 19.2 (rank 6/487 in ‘Plant Sciences’ category)
- Output: 263 papers
- Downloads: 1.54 million
- Acceptance rate: 15%
- Turnaround time: 10 days (median, submission to first decision, all papers)
- Indexed in Web of Science, Scopus, Google Scholar, PubMed
Types of articles:
Research, Reviews, Brief Communications.
Links to important webpages:
Journal homepage: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14677652
Submission site: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/plantbiotechjournal
PBJ on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlantBiotechJ
Contact: Editorial office e-mail address [email protected]