The SEB offers great ways for you to raise your profile and connect with other biologists. Spreading the word on your area of study as well as growing networks to share the research of others is a great way to expand the influence of experimental biology.
SPREAD THE WORD
Why not become a SEB University Contact and help us spread the word about the SEB to colleagues in your department. You’ll receive posters promoting SEB membership and conferences that you can put up around your department. You will also receive your own email logo to identify yourself as an SEB University Contact.
If you have any colleagues who could benefit from being a member of SEB why not recommend that they join. You can use our recommend a colleague form to send them an email about SEB. Or just let them know about us and direct them to the membership page.
We run a Recommend a Colleague campaign each year encouraging members to spread the word about us. You’ll receive a surprise gift from us if you recommend at least one new member to SEB.
We also offer one-year free memberships to those who refer at least five new members each year. And £250 goes to the person who referred most members and crowns them Ambassador of the Year.
All you need to do is ask those you recommend to add your name as their recommender on their application form.
ORGANISE A SCIENTIFIC MEETING OR A SESSION
Members can submit proposals for sessions at our Annual Conference. You can also submit proposals on a specific topic to be run as a focused symposium – SEB runs up to three symposia per year.
SEB also runs satellite meetings attached to the Annual Conference and you can submit a proposal and funding application to organise the meeting. Contact us to apply to propose sessions or meeting topics.
NOMINATE A COLLEAGUE FOR AN AWARD
Each year we celebrate the work of young scientists of exceptional merit by awarding our President’s Medals at the Annual Conference. If you know someone who meets the criteria for the award, look at the details on the award and nominations procedure and get in touch to nominate them.
PROMOTE YOUR WORK IN OUR NEWSLETTER, WEBSITE OR MAGAZINE
Share your story and achievements with our community. Have you:
- had your research published or published your first paper?
- had your research mentioned in the press?
- been interviewed on the radio or TV?
- received an award or secured a prestigious grant?
- achieved tenure?
- a friend from the SEB community who should be celebrated for an achievement?
- had a recent success that you would like us to celebrate?
- surprise prizes go to two selected participants to help them celebrate
- four stories will be selected from the submissions and the members will be interviewed and featured in the Spotlight Section of the next edition of our member magazine
We’d love to hear from you!