Develop Your Career
Boost your career with SEB!
- Sign up for our Annual Conference that brings together our community of experimental biologists from around the world to share their work and research. Use the opportunity to share your work with experts across the field of biology. Members can submit proposals for sessions at our Annual Conference.
- Look out for our programme of educational events that run alongside our Annual Meeting including popular debates, technical training, new teaching practices and looking at issues such as women and diversity in science.
- Access the latest research with reduced subscriptions to our journals and discounts from a series of academic publishers.
- Attend one of careers workshops our which have been developed especially for bioscience postgraduates and post-doctoral researchers to help you to improve your self-assessment, skills evaluation, decision-making, CVs and interview techniques, as well as vacancy resources. We run these sessions at our Annual Meeting and stand-alone workshops through the year.
- Read our monthly e-letter, website and social media pages which keep you in touch with career events organised by other societies.
- Keep abreast of our workshops on research related skills. Run regularly, these have included funding opportunities, setting up and managing a research team, motivating staff and students and science communication.
- Apply to us for help with funding a meeting of your own to spread the word about your work.