Young scientist award session
The Young Scientist Award Session (YSAS) is held each year at the Annual Main Meeting.
The session provides the opportunity for postgraduates and post docs, who are within 5 years since completing their PhD, to showcase their talents and is designed to recognise the best young researchers. There are three prizes per section (i.e. Animal-Cell and Plant-Cell). Prizes on offer are as follows:
- 1st Prize: £400
- Runners up: 2 x £100
How to enter:
- Submit an abstract online for a relevant session at the AMM. During submission, please tick the box which says "I would like to be considered for YSAS".
- Submit an extended version of that abstract for judging by a panel together with two letters of references (one of which should confirm your status). For more information on preparing the extended abstract see the frequently asked questions below.
What happens next?
- The extended abstracts will be judged and the three best candidates per section will be invited to give a presentation to a panel of judges at the Annual Main Meeting.
- The presentations, based on the extended abstract, will be given at the AMM and a winner and two runners up from each section will be chosen on the basis of those presentations.
- The winners of the award will be announced on the final day of the AMM.