The abstract submission for the OED symposium "Decolonising and Diversifying Biosciences Education" closes this Friday
THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR THE OED SYMPOSIUM: "DECOLONISING AND DIVERSIFYING BIOSCIENCES EDUCATION" CLOSES THIS FRIDAY
The SEB OED symposium will take place in Robinson College, Cambridge from 19 to 20 December 2022.
Organized by Katharine Hubbard (University of Hull); Catherine Mansfield (Imperial College London); Isaiah Ting (University of Surrey) and Tina Joshi (University of Plymouth), the "Decolonising and Diversifying Biosciences Education" symposium is an event not to be missed !
- Explore key issues around decolonisation and diversification, and what this means for the biosciences.
- Get practical suggestions for making your bioscience teaching more inclusive.
- Network with colleagues from the UK and around the world interested in building a more diverse and inclusive bioscience education environment.
Abstract submission will be closing at Midnight (GMT) on 21 October 2022.
Early bird registration deadline will be closing at Midnight (GMT) on 18 November 2022 so do not miss out on your chance to participate to this amazing event!
If you do not already have an account, you will need to create an account to register.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
- Jason Arday ([email protected])
Racial Inequality and Social Justice in Higher Education
- Sarah Marie Da Silva ([email protected])
Confirmed Abelism in bioscience: its history and how we can take positive steps towards disability inclusion
- Carol Ibe ([email protected])
Work on training African researchers
- Nick Freestone ([email protected])
Closing the Awarding Gap
- Prachi Stafford ([email protected])
Decolonisation of the biology curriculum
SPREAD THE WORD
The SEB would like to enlist your help in spreading the word about this event which promises to be a fantastic meeting!
We have some nice imagery and suggested tweets you can use to promote the symposium.
If you have any queries or issues registering please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected].
We very much look forward to seeing you there.
With best wishes,
The SEB team