SEB ANNUAL CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANT
SEB Annual Conference travel grants are available to student members attend the Annual Conference and a total of £20,000 is awarded each year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3 MAY 2022
To be eligible for a travel grant you must:
- be a student member of the SEB
- be at least in the second year of your SEB membership or, if you are a new member , hold a multi-year membership*
- must not have been awarded an SEB Annual Conference travel grant for our SEB 2021 Conference**
- be a first author presenting a poster or a talk at the meeting and
- have registered and paid to attend the meeting.
* New student members are eligible to apply for multi-year memberships (i.e. Student 3 years or Student 5 years) only if they would still hold student status in their 3rd or 5th year of membership (i.e. their study programme will not finish before their 3rd or 5th year of membership).
** Applications for the SEB Annual Conference grant should not be made in consecutive years.
HOW TO APPLY
DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
- a copy of the confirmation email that we sent you when you submitted your abstract for the meeting
- a copy of the confirmation email that we sent you when you registered for the meeting.
We try to help as many students as possible; however, we encourage you to look for other sources of funding as the SEB may not award the full amount that you apply for.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Awards must be claimed within one month after the conference.
- Grant recipients who claimed their award but did not attend the event will be required to repay the grant in full.
The 2022 Annual conference will take place in Montpellier social distancing measures will be implemented throughout the venue. Please click here to view the requirements for Montpellier before you travel.