Book your place for the successful Grant Writing
In this two-session online workshop, you’ll have an introduction to the research grant funding process and gain the knowledge and skills to write competitive research grant applications consistently.
Please note that this workshop is on writing research grant applications. It does not cover fellowships, studentships or other types of grants that support research.
This workshop is divided into two parts that will be one week apart. You must be available for both online sessions to join.
- Part 1: Thursday, 7 December 2023
- Part 2: Thursday, 14 December 2023
This workshop will be held in two different schedules to cover different time zones. You will be able to choose your preferred option during the booking stage.
- Morning: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (UK time)
- Afternoon: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm (UK time)
Postgraduate and Early Career Researchers focused on Animal, Plant and Cell Biology.
By the end of this two-session online course, participants will have gained an understanding of:
- What researcher funders want
- How the peer review process works
- What happens at a research funding committee meeting
- How to plan a research grants campaign
- How to plan an application, budget and resources
- The structure of research grant applications
- The language and style of English needed in research grant applications
- How to structure the writing in research grant applications
- Some of the common problems that can arise during a research project that has been funded.
- Some possible strategies to cope when research grant applications are not funded
We are looking forward to see you there,
The SEB Team