Organise an SEB Symposium
You can submit a proposal together with request for funding to organise an SEB symposium. The SEB Sections (animal, plant, cell and SEB+) run a symposium every two years and funding of up to £12,500 is available for each symposium.
Upcoming deadlines: 1 November 2016
Applications for the 2017 Cell Biology and Plant Biology symposia meetings are currently accepted due to run in 2017.
Applications can be submitted each year on 1 March and 1 November in the year prior to the meeting taking place.
SEB Sections run a symposia every two years with the Animal Biology and SEB+ Symposia running in even years (i.e. 2018, 2020) and Cell and Plant Biology ones in odd years (i.e. 2017, 2019)
Future Symposia meetings for each Section are scheduled to run as per the schedule below.
- 2017 – Cell Section Symposium;Plant Section Symposium
- 2018 – Animal Section Symposium; SEB+ Symposium
- 2019 – Cell Section Symposium; Plant Section Symposium
- 2020 – Animal Section Symposium; SEB+ Symposium
- Applicants for symposium funding must be members of the SEB
- the scientific topic of the proposed meeting must be within SEB’s scientific remit
- A maximum of £12,500 can be applied for per meeting
HOW To Apply
To apply please complete the Symposium Proposal Form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight GMT on the advertised deadline date.
The proposal will then be forwarded to the relevant SEB Section Chair (Animal/ Plant/ Cell/ SEB+).
Terms and Conditions
If your proposal is accepted, a number of Terms and Conditions apply including:
- You will need to work collaboratively with the SEB in organising the meeting as follows:
- You will be the scientific organiser of the meeting and therefore you will be responsible for organising the scientific programme
- the SEB will be responsible for organising the logistics of the meeting including: managing abstract submission, registrations, advertising and publicity, budget management.
- We have regulations on what our funding can and can’t cover.
- After the meeting you must also send us a report on the conference
Read the full Terms and Conditions. These are aslso attached to the application form.